Here are the stories of UCI Interns while in DC for the summer. Talking about their job, experiences, places they went and, most importantly, things they will always remember. It is here that you hear the interns' voice. They are being real, and they are sharing with your their world for this short period of time.

Monday, August 2, 2010

U Street Fun

A student from UCSB invited me to this "Drum and Dance Circle" that is every Sunday at Meridian Park. It is so amazing! There are tons of people with sheets sitting in the grass, doing yoga, dancing, and playing the drums. Here are some pictures and a video. Definitely go and check it out:




And of course, sinceBen's Chilli Bowl was right around the corner, we had to go there for dinner. Some people say it's really not all that, but Hey, I thought it was delicious! I am definitely craving some right now. I ordered the Half-Smoke with chilli. It's a larger hot dog made of pork, with mustard and chilli on top (and onions... but I x-ed the onions on my order). I would definitely recommend it. If there is a long line, make sure you put your order in with the guy that is cooking. It's just like Potbelly's: order first, then go to the cashier to pay.

The sign reads:
List of people who eat free at Ben's Chilli Bowl
BILL COSBY
THE OBAMA FAMILY
and no one else

mmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment